What's the cheapest retail Computer Repair store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket1406

In Runtime
Hi. I'm pretty sure I have a processor or RAM problem... but I'm a computer n00b and have no idea which one it is and/or what to buy.

Should I give the computer to:

a local computer shop
BestBuy
CompUSA
Circuit City
other?

If your local shop is good, they would probably be best because they can give it a large amount of their attention; that is, of course, unless you can find help elsewhere cheaper. If not, Best Buy would be your next best bet with their "geek squad".

edit: sorry, just noticed that your subject was asking for prices, not quality or anything; yeah, you'll probably just have to call around for that. :)

Get it from your local computer shop. They probally know more.

I went to best buy for an ATX converter. I asked 3 "Geek Squad" people if they had it and this was my response:

"whats and ATX cable"

Def not Circuit city. They charged this one guy a 50 dollar fee for installing a 70 dollar cd/dvd rw drive while I was there. I felt bad not telling the guy that he was jipped bad.

You got a TigetDirect/Global Computer outpost nearby? They are useful when you don't want to use the internet.

Yeah, usually they have a base fee and then a fee for hourly beyond that. Check with pcworld.com.. they did a review of three of the top ones and their fees - May edition magazine I believe.

@ Rocket,

What your location? If you're close to one of us, we may be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom