A bad long problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

everton

Baseband Member
The short story:

Some system32 file got corrupt and my computer freezes on boot up at the widows loading page. When i tried to use the recovery cd for XP Professional it gave me another error and said setup cant continue. And i cant get my computer to work.

The details:

The error i first got from my computer on boot up was:

Couldnt open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partion(1)
NTLDR: Couldnt open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partion(1)

I tried to use the recovery disk to repair XP Professional but before i could get it to load up it gave another error (for reference Error #2):

File\i386\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded
The error code is 7

Then hours later i called tech support and the tech told me to put in the recovery cd for XP Professional. To my suprise and luck it worked! So i chose repair and it started copying file and eventually restarted my computer. But on restart as it was about to open the XP loading screen it flashed a blue screen of death but before i could read it disapeared and the computer restarted, continuing that loop over and over untill it just got hung up and stoped.

I tried to load the XP Professional cd again but it didnt load up to the setup screen instead before it could boot up it displayed a blue screen which showed this error:

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

So i quickly restarted and boot to the cd but i got Error #2 again as listed above. I tried another cd dive(which was a spare one i had from another computer). After i finally got the old drive out and put in the spare drive it took about 20 min, I started to boot the computer from the recovery cd again. I got a new error which stated:

File toside.sys is corrupt

I shutdown the computer and imeadiatly tried again but got error #2.

If you read this far im surprised. I did the same thing with my final cd drive i had in my working computer and the same thing happed as with the spare CD drive i mentioned above.

I did try the recovery CD in this computer that the third cd drive came from and it sucessefully booted (from the recovery CD)to the setup menu 3 times in a row.

So whats wrong with my computer?What do i do to fix it?

I hope this is the right place :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom