Best music makers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you mean by "music making".

There's Propellerhead's Reason, (which I use for my electronica projects) though it is very pricey.
Cakewalk's Sonar is probably one of the best multi-track editors...

That's all I have right off the top of my head.

Trust me I am in no way a Macintosh fan, but there software "Garage Band" almost makes me wants to purchase a Mac Mini :) It is by far the easiest music creating software I have used with many expansion and loop packs avaialble.

Is it possible to somehow download the MAC OS and use it on a Windows based system? Or are certain parts required for Mac only?

A great beginner peice of software is fruity loops, and it's cheap as hell.

I usually use Acid since im all loop based for anything I do, and it's mainly remixing.

Ableton Live is good too, but it's more live based, as the name states for DJ's and Live Production.

Protools is the best software overall, but it's MAC only

Cakewalk Sonar, Reason and Logic 6 are another 3 great, the top 3 for windows, but they are more complex.

All suggestions above are excellent! As a music producer/engineer, one of the coolest comes from PG music called "band in a box". I produce raw midi on Sonar 4.0 producer and Samplitude 8.0 but they are not cheap. Go to: http://www.pgmusic.com/ and you can check out band in a box...it's amazing.:D By the way Chris Protools is both Mac and pc based. Protools interfaces, pci boards and studio boards are huge money unless you invest in one of their 4 channel USB hard disk recording units. And when I say huge: Try $50,000 for their 64 channel (32 split board) model with all the bells and whistles. Yikes!!!

I know theirs protools LE for windows, but it will not run on XP

Protools studio's are expensive, and it is more than software.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Cakewalk Sonar, Reason and Logic 6 are another 3 great, the top 3 for windows, but they are more complex.

Complexity is key. :D

Originaly posted by joshd
there is also steinburg cubase.

I used cubase for quite some time, but a friend converted me to Sonar.
It is a worthy program, and shouldn't be overlooked. I liked it a lot, and it's quite easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom