x800 GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
www.tomshardware.com just posted an article yesterday that said ATI is coming out with a supercharged (GT) version of the x800, but it will be at the lower end of the market, and it will NOT support Crossfire.

Why would they make a card that is supposed to be more powerful, why would they lower the price a little and have it not support cross?

Probably to full people into thinking it was comparable to the nVidia 'GTs', and then they'd have it less expensive so people would buy it over a nVidia.

I sure hope you all have been around long enough (like, a year ago haha), but if you remember, nVidia did the same thing with XT in their 5000 series:

{Sparkly flashback time}

ATi had the 9800XT and 9600XT out, and they were the cake of their series at the time. They continue (As you should know) to use XT as their top card in performance.
Well, nVidia started using XT as a slightly downscale in their rankings... I was fooled by it too, and almost bought a 5600XT before I found out... I'm pretty satisfied with my vanilla 9600.

(My posts seem to get more jumbled as the day goes on)

it clearly sais in "the iniquier" (just search google) that the x800GT is a piece of crap, with 8 pipelines, based on the R430PRO

sounds like something I'd buy. Saves cash, saves cash, and most of all, it saves cash. I wonder what kind of cash I'll have to spend to get my age of empires III game going.

Ryan

lol, this card would not be a good deal unless it sells for under $100, the 6600GT completly pwns this card in it's face

I don't think they could make a card worse than the 6600GT, that still has the X800 name to it... that just seems like way too low of performace compared to the rest of the series.
Then again, I could be wrong.

alecjahn said:
I don't think they could make a card worse than the 6600GT, that still has the X800 name to it... that just seems like way too low of performace compared to the rest of the series.
Then again, I could be wrong.

You never know, it is ATI we're talking about. I doubt anybody will buy the X800GT, just like people don't buy the X800 vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom