Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice_snuff

Baseband Member
well i wont to upgrade the graphics card in my desktop as the one i have now, 3d prophet 4000XT, and i need a little help.

first off i need to know if something like a 256MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 or a 256MB ATI Radeon 9550 (both are around £30-£40) would make a big improvement to my current card.

aso when installing the card do i hvae to uninstall my old cards drivers before putting in the new card, then installing the new cards drivers

or do i have to put in the new card, intall the new drivers then uninstall my old cards drivers.

or is there a different method to doing this

and how would i unistall my old cards drivers?

thanks

I would uninstall your drivers right before you turn your computer off to switch out the cards.

Make sure you install the new ones for the new card, too, because the Windows OEM drivers are terreble, and usually useless. Get the latest drivers from ATi or nVidia's website, depending on which card you choose.

alecjahn said:
I would uninstall your drivers right before you turn your computer off to switch out the cards.

Make sure you install the new ones for the new card, too, because the Windows OEM drivers are terreble, and usually useless. Get the latest drivers from ATi or nVidia's website, depending on which card you choose.

should i install the latest drivers before or afterputting in the new card?

I don't see any reason to do it before...
Though, after might be better, in case the driver installation searches for your card for some reason.

ok so let me just see if i understand

i swap the cards
i remove the old drivers
i install the new drivers

is that in the right order and is every thing ok?

btw which of the two cards is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom