new comp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon. ATI R520 should smoke the 7800GTXs. Don't think you can run crossfire if you have an sli motherboard. Since its not avilable now and besides most ppl are nvidia fans, just get the sli and an nvidia card.
ROger

i kno i wont be able to run crossfire on an SLI mobo. so shuld i just get a 7800GTX and then get a second 1 for christmas or my birthday? or shuld i wait nd get a R520?

I'd wait. No sense in getting an expensive card when you know a much better one will be out in a bit. That would depend upon whether or not you are willing to spend that much cash when it launches though.

angryOGG said:
get 7800GTX or wait for R520?
Well look at the thread regarding the problems they are having with the new ATI card. It looks like it definately won't be 32 pipes, and could even have only 16 pipes. Right now it is not a given this card will beat the 7800GTX, so you could be waiting for nothing.

idiotec said:
Well look at the thread regarding the problems they are having with the new ATI card. It looks like it definately won't be 32 pipes, and could even have only 16 pipes. Right now it is not a given this card will beat the 7800GTX, so you could be waiting for nothing.
Can you throw me the link to this article?

rrrr mayb i shuld just go with the 7800GTX cause ive been waiting for months to get my new comp nd i really dont wanna wait any longer than absolutely necessary. besides, i culd eventually get a second 7800 nd 2 wuld likely pwn anythin ATI can come up with (except if they get crossfire out but that'll suck for awile until all the bugs can be fixed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom