Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
those min. specs are high. I cant wait til Mac gets released on x86 hardware. It will dominate Windows because its just so much faster with less system requirements. Imagine running OS X on a 3.8 ghz 4 gb ram! It would be unbelievibly fast. Longhorn, or vista as they are now calling it, in my oppinion is going to fail unless they make it really fast with alot of new features otherwise people are going to stick with XP because its what were used to now. XP is the longest standing OS windows has had out before another desktop PC OS release. People are used to xp, and arent going to pay $300 to upgrade something that still works fine.

Lol well it is already faster...

XP is 10% they say faster at launching apps and booting than Win2K
Vista is aiming for 15% faster than XP on boot and app luanching

Though they might or might not reach 15% when release time comes around it will be faster.

Tyler1989 said:
well you can call it Windows VI if you want heck call it what ever you want.

they didn't call windows V, Vicki. they called it XP. they should give it a better name. longhorn wasn't that bad

Like I posted before look at the names in microsofts history I think vista will change.

Codename = Preliminary Name = Final Name

Chicago = Windows 94 OR Windows 4.0 = Windows 95
Memphis = Windows 97 = Windows 98
OS/2 3.0 = Windows NT = Windows NT 3.1
Hydra = Terminal Services = Terminal Server
No Codename! = Windows NT 5.0 = Windows 2000
Whistler Server = Windows .NET Server = Windows 2003 Server
Longhorn = WIndows Vista = ?????????

Tyler1989 said:
Like I posted before look at the names in microsofts history I think vista will change.

Codename = Preliminary Name = Final Name

Chicago = Windows 94 OR Windows 4.0 = Windows 95
Memphis = Windows 97 = Windows 98
OS/2 3.0 = Windows NT = Windows NT 3.1
Hydra = Terminal Services = Terminal Server
No Codename! = Windows NT 5.0 = Windows 2000
Whistler Server = Windows .NET Server = Windows 2003 Server
Longhorn = WIndows Vista = ?????????

that good to hear. Vista just isn't cutting it

because that would be admitting to the public that unix is better than windows.. MS is stupid, but not stupid enough to pee on their own charade..

furtivefelon said:
because that would be admitting to the public that unix is better than windows.. MS is stupid, but not stupid enough to pee on their own charade..

You said it. I was thinking it. but I didn't want a war started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom