Athlon XP: measuring resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you able to unlock the xps with a pencil mod? Just use a good Pencil and you should be fine. I have never unlocked an Xp before, so don't trust me, but I have heard that all that was needed was a pencil mod between two points, much like the DFI SLI mod.

What core is your Athalon, Maj? Barton? You may have just messed up the process.

Maj, you may have simply messed up the mod and shorted more than just the pins you wanted to, or something else. And then again, maybe it is something to do with your chip.

I am still looking, I will get back to you with more info.

Try to go at it again, but is it too late?

Fill in any of the cuts below the L bridges with a crayon, and then try to connect them again. Or you can use super glue, as that takes care of those pretty well, just make sure you tape of the bridges for the contacts. Once you do that, you could simply use a trace repair kit to finish the job. I'm going to assume that you didnt properly insulate the laser cuts.

I put some kind of glue in the holes. Maybe I need something better. I'll try it again friday.
At least it is running stable @ 1.59GHz with FSB 151 again. RAM is running @ 151 + 33.

I've always liked the crayon idea, but glue seems like it would be a better bet...
So you're sure you've connected the correct bridges, right? I believe it was the L1 bridges, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's the L1 bridges. You have to smother the entire base with glue, not just the holes. There cannot be anywhere where you can short out the wrong thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom