recycle bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
The recycle bin will not open from the desktop shortcut. I am running XP Home SP-1. I can right click on it and get a drop down menu and can empty it but cannot see what is in the recycle bin.If I open it from windows explorer, it shows 2 folders. One says norton protected and the other is a long number, cannot delete either one. I uninstalled norton, it gives me to much trouble. In windows explorer, it is called recycler. How can I get my recycle bin back to normal again?

You may want to try this... right click your bin, then select properties and set the disk space zero and under the C drive tab, put a check in the box to by-pass the recycle bin. Re-boot your system, and remove the check-mark and re-set the disk space.

There is no properties shown in the drop down list when I right click the icon on the desktop. I can right click it in windows explorer and get properties but there is no option there to set the size of the recycle bin. All this started from norton. Norton gave me a way to restore the recycle bin to normal from the registery. I went through that but there still is no change.

to be honest you would need to correct the recycle bin properties in the registry MANUALLY. or otherwise you can just try running the setup. that will definately resolve the problem

Can you tell me just how to do that? I went through what norton said to do, but some of the links in the registry were not there.

I deleted it from the desktop, went to windows explorer and went to the recycler folder, right clicked, and sent a shortcut to the desktop. It works again. Still don't know what happened to it but it had something to do with norton.

what you did is you uninstalled the recycle bin and reinstalled it and bought up the default settings in recycle bin that does works sometime

The recycle bin on the desktop must not have been a shortcut. It did not say that it was a shortcut when I right clicked on it. When I clicked delete, it did not say that I was deleting a shortcut, it said I was deleting the recycle bin. Still would like to know what happened. There are 2 items in the recycle bin that I cannot delete. One says norton and the othere is a long number that says is norton protected and neither will let me delete them. i don't mind them being there because I can delete everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom