Tradeoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I am planning to get a 19" LCD. After some reaserch i decided on the Hyundai LCD ImageQuest L90D+ 19-inch .294 8ms 1280x1024 700:1 (Silver/Black) for $569 Australian Dollars. It comes with Free Shipping and Pixel Check.

Of late i have come across a special deal offered to OCAU members only for a Benq FP937S 19" (48.26cm) Flat Panel LCD Monitor Max Resolution 1280x1024 dpi Viewing Angle 140/140 12ms Response Time Brighness of 250 cd/m2 Contrast Ratio 500:1. This is $495 with Free Delivery but no Pixel Check.

The Hyandai is better (8ms vs 12ms) and has a free pixel check.

Do you think its worth the extra $74 for it?

Wayne

BenQ is the better manufacturer. I would trust them instead. And for 80 bucks less, how can you not?

Just my opinion. :D

Really, but the Benq is 12ms rather than 8ms. I might go with the Hyandai.

Anyways, how do you pronounce Benq?

Is it Ben-que
Is it Benc
???

Pronunciation of: BenQ

ben-q

:rolleyes:

"ben", as in "ben affleck(sp?)"
"q", as in "...l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,....."

Yeah. :D

lol, ok. Its just one of those things. Like i was lectured by my Linux using friend over the pronounciation of Ubuntu. I was saying it like:
You - Bunt - Ooo

He said to pronounce it:

Ooo - Boont - Ooo

Well, i dont really care.

Personally I would go for the Hyundai. It may be $75 more expensive, but you get a better response time (8ms vs 12ms) and contrast ratio (700:1 vs 500:1).

Remember that response time is an estimate of the best possible preformance and you won't normally achieve that number. So the difference is not between 8ms and 12ms but between 27ms and 35ms (the worst possible response times for both monitors in the reviews that I could find).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom