What's wrong with my computer? Not enough RAM or the Processor or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No when you reformat, you loose everything, and you will only have default windows processes

You have about doubble the processes I do, including the windows one like system and svchost

To Nuke: Dude, it's just a suggestion since he wants to game...sheesh......obviously (and I say that with extreme emphasis) if he doesn't have the money then he has to make do with what he has. It was a peripheral recommendation. DJ Chris is right to suggest that he drop out of alot of the back ground "noise" but the defrag suggesiton and spyware analysis remain good suggestions regardless. If you have issues with "money", speak for yourself!!! :)

OKAY GUYS I'M DONE REFORMATTING!

I've deleted all partitions and installed WINDOWS XP HOME onto the clean hard drive.

I have installed all recommended updates.

The only programs I have installed are Mozilla Firefox, and the Shockwave / Flash Player Plugins for Mozilla Firefox.

I STILL CANNOT PLAY THE STUPID INKLINK GAME!! MAJOR PROBLEM HERE! Please help me guys ....

HERE ARE THE NEW SCREENSHOTS (AFTER REFORMAT):

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=list3kd.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled0is.jpg

Those are the pictures... do they tell you what the problem is? It can't be spyware. It can't be number of processes.

okay u have a seriuos problem here man lol ur cpu usage is at 100 and should be at about 3 or 4 idleing or even 1 or 0 at times but runing mozilla shouldnt efect u too much and ur using 100% at startup. that leaves the problem to hardware not software.
and the only thing i can think of is some bad ram because the processor is powerful enought but the hard drive also may be mesed upso if u want u should get some more ram and when u get the new stuff put that in and take the old out if u can get ur hands on some befor buying that would be great to see if ur somputer runs fine with anything else or it may be the hard drive just completely screwed but ive never seen this befor try a different hard drive and different ram or just buy a new computer lol what an excuse to get a new one

RicoDirenzo said:
First of all, do not pay $120 for 512mb of sdram. Yo can buy the stuff on Ebay for dirt.
You can get 512 mb ram 400 mhz for $32 at frys electronics. Dont trust eBay, you will get jipped.

Fun ebay Factiod: Mark Cuban (Owner of the Dallas Mavericks) made the largest purchase over the internet ever for $41 million on ebay for a private jet.

he didnt get jipped, but hes mark cuban, you will get jipped on ebay

You see it's all fine and dandy getting the best computer on the block I could whip up a AMD X2 based computer with 2 gigs of RAM easy .. but even that computer after time would run slow. :( .... now to get it running nice 'n' smooth I SHOULD run:

XP Clean up Start > My computer > Right click HDD > Properties > Disk clean up

Ad Aware 6 www.lavasoft.com

Virus scan, then defragment and also uninstall programs you don't need (It REALLY does help!)

heh.

If it were the Hard Drive, it would make like a clicking noise right? Or files would not be accessible...

It's not the hard drive.

***POSSIBLY IMPORTANT: Somewhere from one to two years ago, the power supply crashed and my whole computer shut off. It would not turn on... I had CompUSA put in a new power supply for me.

Now I don't know, but is it possible that the crash fried or damaged either my processor or my RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom