how much tubing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
How much tubing would be a safe amount for my water loop? I might have to put my heatercore outside of my case. I won't be putting my heatercore like across the room from my computer, but likely right next to it.

Would 8 ft be a safe amount or could I escape with less?

I know it's hard to predict dependent upon the case and the setup, but what is the average amount that most people buy? I'd rather get more than less.

you want to use as little as possible, to make a more efficient loop... more tubing = more friction... harder for the pump and low waterflow, which can mess up your temps.

I'm not talking about how much I will use; I'm talking about how much I will buy. If I buy 8 ft but I only need 5 ft, then that is all I will use. I will save any extra should I replace the loop's tubing in the future.

I personally buy 10 feet every time, incase I make mistakes with cuts or simply need extra. You realistically only need >5 feet

I bought 4 my first time and it wasn't enough :p

5 feet would have suited me for one loop.

setup.jpg

That's about 4 feet in there...the first time around I had a longer T-line...so it's probably about 3 and a half realistically.

Haha organised chaos!

I love it.

Buy 6 feet and leave room for beginner miscuts and mistakes.

Man what a mess.....
And? Like I give a crap what it looks like...I'm not taking it to a 'prettiest case' contest....come organize it for me then if it bothers you enough to make a useless post.

It does what it's needed to do

In that case, 8 ft sounds like a good extra. I would go with 10 ft, but the Tygon is very expensive.

How co I connect the tubing together? Would I need one of these dealios: Adjustable Plastic Hose Clamps? If so, think they have these available at Home Depot? Perhaps one of these: http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...earchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3116&pos=n06

How often do you replace the tubing (if at all)? I'll definitely be saving any extra Tygon for a future check on the loop should I have to replace any tubing.

Ya'll know I have that ridiculously huge case. So my motherboard is at the very bottom. You can imagine how far the T-line will be. The T-line will be a bit less that 2 ft alone!

Nubius got it a bit easy there, eh? Your T-line is like 6 inches from your CPU! Look what I have to deal with:
case.jpg

The red-line gap is 2 ft. I'll probably end up connecting the T-line through the blue lines right after it cooles the GPU, so maybe half the distance.

I've even been having trouble trying to plan it out, despite it being such a massive case. I was thinking of putting the heatercore to the left there, but that would defeat the purpose of that left 120mm fan & 80mm intakes. It would just blow air right into the heatercore when I will have 2x120mm on it anyway. I guess it wouldn't hurt. That 120mm exhaust to the right is the only one pulling air out.

Speaking of fans (sorry to drift off-topic), should I arrange my 2x120mm on the heatercore to push air ONTO it or pull air AWAY from it?

As for messes, you should see my case. And I don't even have WC yet! That's what a massive case will do to you: place the PSU as far as possible from the mobo so everything is a damn stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom