Bios Manufacturer- Phoenix Technologies
CPU Physical Info
Package Type- 296 Pin PGA
Package Size- 4.95x4.95
Transistors- 4.5 Million
Process Technology- 4M, 0.28, CMOS
Die Size- 140/128mm2
Storage
Disk Drive- Toshiba MK3205MAV (3 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/33)
Partitions
C: (NTFS) 2964 (1893 MB Free)
CPU Cache
L1 Code Cache- 16 KB
L1 Data Cache- 16 KB
L2 Cache- 0
Physical Memory
Total- 63 MB
Used- 56
Free- 6
Virtual Memory
Total 209 MB
Used- 130 MB
Free- 79 MB

System Memory- 640 KB (is this the permanent)
Extended Memory- 63 MB (Is this what I can upgrade? If so, how high can I go?)

Ok, so here is what I found. I still canÂ’t figure out the brand of the computer or what type of memory. It is OED but IÂ’m not sure what type, brand, or anything?

I still donÂ’t know if I can upgrade and if so, what can I upgrade this is to?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Justin

well alls u can really do is add ram witch is really basic and to find out what kind take what u have in there out and get a model# and post then ill tell u what to buy but since it is soo old u really need a new one but if this is all u got then go for the upgrade its probably gonna cost like about 35-50$ online u will see a lot of performance boost if u triple or even quadrople what u have now which is 64mb and thats not much at all

It's probably EDO ram if my guess is right. Go to pricewatch.com to find who's giving away that stuff this week. Good luck. It may be easier to get a new pc. I think it's time to upgrade and put that one in the smithsonian, or basement. whichever suits your needs.

Ryan

I have a HP L2000
100 GB HD
1 GB RAM
2.0 Ghz Processor

This is for my mom just for email and maybe a bit of web surfing. I bought 3 of these at a garage sale with power supplies and everything for $10 total.

I don't mind putting a few bucks in this since I already sold the other 2.

I have a few photos of the inside of the computer because as stupid as this sounds, I can't find where the memory goes???
If anyone wouldn't mind could I email you a few pics so you could tell me the type of memory, what I can go up to, and where I put it.

I appreciate it. Either email me at jgould002@yahoo.com or PM me.

Thanks again!

I got an FCC number of EJH5026 or EJH 5026
I used this link but did not find anything.
I used yahoo and found a few listings but they were either motherboard memory or 16MB which doesn't help.

There was also a phone number in which I called but they weren't real helpful. 800-367-7794

Any other suggestions. I'd like to be able to just find out where the memory goes, what type, and if I can get it to at least 128 MB.

Any suggestions are more than welcomed!

Thanks again!

OK, I think I found the exact computer.

http://www.zymos.ca/products/dfi/dfi8120.htm

So, if I read this correctly, I cannot upgrade it higher than 64 MB of ram?

Also, what kind of memory does it take? EDO, RAM. what the hell is a DIMM socket and where is it on this computer?

I guess if someone lets me know that 64 is the highest it will go, it doesn't really matter since it's already there.

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom