Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
dethangel said:
lol shows how much you know, voltage=watts/amps lol a watt is a volt X an amp

IE: 10v X 15a= 150w

so you see, wattage is determined by voltage and amperes

damn dood, if youre going to speak, at least make sure you have some clue what youre talking about o and btw if you dont believe me:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=measurement

bottom table, look at the conversion for voltage its W/A

now, if youre trying to say "dont change it from 115 to 200" or whatever the #s are on the switch, then thats true, but that is only the base voltage setting (how many volts come into the PSU) and that is determined by country.

i would go with an antec or thermaltake PSU, at about 500W

????

Dethangel

I believe if you are going to research all ideas and suggestions
And advice on this board you are liable to come up with lots of flaws and bad advice etc. your help and comments is leaning towards putting me down instead of helping out. Is this what you do on the norm?

kboy, quick question. I'm planning on building a system similar to yours. Same motherboard, AMD Anthlon XP 3200+. My question is what made you decide on PC2100 Ram vs PC2700 or PC3200 or any other type RAM? I know the motherboard dictates but haven't had a chance to read up on it.

Thanks.

PC 2100 was all I could afford at the time go with PC3200 Crucial or Corsair Ram. PC 2100 Ram was still about a hundred bucks for 256 Stick. I don't even think PC 3200 was available yet. I built this box about a year and a Half Ago. Good Luck!

Re: ????

pete said:
Dethangel

I believe if you are going to research all ideas and suggestions
And advice on this board you are liable to come up with lots of flaws and bad advice etc. your help and comments is leaning towards putting me down instead of helping out. Is this what you do on the norm?

no i just happen to be an expert in the area of sciences, i didnt research your post, and i dont reasearch all posts, the fact that a watt is a volt X amp is common knowledge, lol i just posted the ref, so you couldnt argue the fact, why would you even waste your time posting or reading this forum if everything is wrong? and no, i wasnt puttin you down i just hate misinformation, and i do normally tell people when they screw up, yes, because if no one does, then everyone will just post stupid crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom