blog post stealing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffitirebel

Baseband Member
I apologize if this isn't in the right section of the forum, but I didn't know where else it would fit best.

I recently started a new blog at blogsome.com. Apparently it is based on WordPress and thats why I liked it because of the ability to used the WordPress themes and plugins. I activated the Kitten's Spaminator plugin to prevent comment spam. After only a few posts, I got an email message telling me that a spam comment had been blocked. The message included the original comment. It was indeed comment spam but I followed the link anyway because I was curious.

What I found was a movie star blog - a blog full of entries from other peoples' blogs posted by different names. Is this in any way legal? The site links back to all the original blog entries... but how can somebody do this without even asking for permission? Part of one of my blog posts (an entry about Brad Pitt in the movie Troy) was posted there word-for-word with a picture.

I've never come across this before so any description of what this is would help a lot. Should I worry about this?

Well if they give the owner of the original article credit then yes it is legal however if you post a copyright saying that it is illegal to reproduce without permission then you can file a complaint and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom