Win 98SE and IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrym

Solid State Member
My sister has a PC running Win 98SE and I have been emailing her some HTML files which contain links to some jpg's which I have sent to her as well.
However, when she looks at the pages in IE6, where the picture is supposed to be is just a jumble of letters and numbers. Obviously this is the actual code of the picture itself.
But does anyone know why IE is displaying the pictures like this? Is it something to do with Outlook Express and because I just attached the pictures?
But then again, I have sent her other pictures in the past without this problem.
Thanks in advance
Terry

This is how the picture is displayed.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 34
hi terry
just go ahead click on view in the internet explorer and after that click on encoding
change it to automatic or western european
and check wether it makes any difference
if it doesn't just post a reply here we will trouble shoot it further

My sister lives in Tasmania, which accounts for the long times between my messages.
Her IE is already set to automatic or western european but the results are the same.
If she tries to view one of the HTML pages with IE, she just sees the code as previously explained.
But when she views the pictures from the HTML page with MS Photo Editor, she can see the pictures OK.
It's a bit weird?? And the PC is only about 6 months old as well.
I might get her to install all the IE6 upgrades and see what happens.
Probably won't get a reply until tomorrow, but any suggestions in the meantime will be warmly received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom