Intel build under 650..what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already have mine. But, I'll go a little further.

If your PSU is going to be good quality, and therefore relable, then 350W will be perfectly fine. Remember, though, 350W is maximum power, not sustained/constant power. To run a PSU at full tilt constantly is hard on it's components.

This is where quality of the PSU comes in handy. If the PSU manufacturer didnt cheap out and actually has its sustainable power close to 300W, then you should be ok.

Like I said, 350W is a bit risky, but the choice is yours. I made the same choice to go with a 350W PSU that came with a no-name case, with my power requirements nearing yours. I dont regret it, but I keep an eye out for random reboots.

Kray said:
Are you sure you want a beige case?

No I dont WANT a beige case but money is tight and I would rather have an ugly case and good computer than have to downgrade my processor to get a mod worthy case. I will be looking into the 400W power supply. I may just wait a bit to get the better PSU/Case.

i don't think you should get a 945 or 955 mobo, it might not be used for later dual-cores. You could just be wasting money, along with the ddr2. Rather spend on psu, 15A on the +12V is really low. 350 watt is alright, but the 15A isn;t going to work, even for a bare minimal AMD system, you need 18A. either one will do.
Rosewill RP550 ATX 550W Power Supply-57
ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK ATX 520W Power Supply-55

no i dissagree i would get a 945 chipset so u can upgrade later to dual core with the 1066fsb here is a very nice one with a lot of pata and sata
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131538
as said earlier that is a sick mobo which i am going to buy very soon and yes go with the 6xx series and value ram unless u are a sick overclocker but i ahve my fsb at 232 and thats why im getting a new mobo so i can overclock farther and cant wait and the value ram has held up nicely no problems whatsoever

I agree with Timmer. The 945 chipset is a must. it will be able to support dual cores. Although people bash Intel dual cores, they aren't that bad of performers, especially the 2,8 GHz one. With DDR2 memory, you can easily overclock that baby with the 533 FSB. That is a sweet overclock. Just make sure that your using extreme cooling while overclocking the dual cores, as I hear that they can get really hot. Also btw, did I not mention that you should get a dual core later on? :).

ow ya, the 533 FSB will help you overclock even the 5xx processor pretty well.

Also as a side note. WOW coarsair value select ddr2 is so cheap.

Also, just as a warning, you should be doing 0 overclocking with that power supply that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom