Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
i got an amd 64 3000 whinchester. 9x multipllier
with an GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
and an 512 mb cosair xms series.

i cant get pass 214 fsb. it just hangs.

im overcloaking just rasing the fsb and kkeping the ram at 1:1 ratio

i get good tempures between 34-38 idle and load(counter strike source).

The gigabyte boards seem to do that sometimes. I would raise the FSB up to 214. Save the clock speed and restart the computer and try to raise it again.

You may want to try a different overclocking utility.

You do know that when raising your FSB like that and keeping it 1:1 you're going to have to take measure to make sure the RAM is stable right?

Answers to 'well how do I make the RAM stable" can be explained via the AMD64 sticky at the top of this section.

Have you been testing for stability via prime95 and increasing the vcore as needed as well?

ye i wouldnt make it a one one ratio man i think it is ur ram that is making it hang just play around with it give the cpu some more juice maybe or the ram might need some more juice we probably wont be able to tell ya cause there are soo many posibilities u just need to play around in the bios for a while and see whats up

1) Make sure your LDT Multiplier is set to 4 or 3
2) Check if your processor or motherboard will reach higher speeds by using the Ram divider. Remember to raise voltages. I would do 1.5 just to be safe.
3) If the processor and motherboard is capable of reaching higher speeds, then try raising the ram voltages. Also try loosening timings. If you do not want to loosen timings, use the ram divider.
4) If all of this does not work, I have no idea. Could either be that your motherboard can't handle ocs higher than 214, or that your processor is a dud.

alright all thxs for the help. i try to give the cpu some juice (cpu core voltage rgiht?) i raise it by .1v and the machine turns on but nothing happens no post no bios no nothing so i said forget it reset my cmos and wont try to overcloak no more.

i think my board suck at overcloaking. i have no option for ram divider or ltd(what ever the hell is called).

anyway i got it to 1927 mhz and tried memtest it all worked. anythign above that raising the fsb over 214 woudl nto work. and since i cant see the diferrence i will stop overcloaking. i got the same fps in Counter strike source as i did with stock speed.

thxs guys for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom