AMD x2 Mobo with AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, 2.85 really isn't that much of a limit. TCCD can do 300Mhz at 2.8 with loose timings.
meh, if you want to have a really good chance of hitting 300MHz with timings like 2.5-3-3-7 you'll need 2.9-3v for the TCCD's

Wow, thats a huge list of problems with floppies raid etc lol. I thought the board was stable, esp with all the review sites using it for their 754 overclocks. Looks like the reviews aren't very trustworthy...... They probably just oced it and didn't try to set things up and have a completely stable system.

Also, as for the voltage, I'm pretty sure that its 2.8-2.9. The reason I put 2.85 was because I didn't know which it was. Also the neo-4 boards all have only 2.85 vdimm, which is different form the neo 2.
:p :p :p :p

Edit to stop confusion the voltage is for the epox board not DFI!

Well I've seen some massive OCs on those 754 boards...so the NF3 250gb did turn out to be an awesome boards, but it's just that NF3 chipset wasn't made quite as well as the nf2 and currently the nf4

Nubius said:
meh, if you want to have a really good chance of hitting 300MHz with timings like 2.5-3-3-7 you'll need 2.9-3v for the TCCD's
Well, maybe just a bit optimistic :p , but all I am saying that if your going much above 2.85 you better know what the hell your doing cause your chancing breakage at that point.

Even if you maxed at 290 at 2.85 I am sure most people could handle that ;) At least the type of people who bought an Epox mobo anyways :D

Lol. Stop dissing epox. It is just as enthusiastic as Abit is. Its just that they get bashed, hell I don't know why. Maybe because their name sounds so similar to gigabyte? I dunno about you guys but when I think Epox, I think Gigabyte. Might just be me and my wierd head.

every person I've dealt with who's had gigabyte boards make me hate those boards...not the person themselves, but rather the particular board they have....a few people all wanted to OC and the boards just sucked for OC'ing.

As far as Epox goes, I have no experience with em...and as stupid of a reason as this is, the name just makes me think junk lol.....

Epox have been junk, seen a few too many problems, and they never get reviewed good.

Gigabyte board's, I own a really cheap one (well in my sisters PC) and it's been great, they are good for the money.

How about Soltek board's, im thinking of building a friend a system with a Soltek, nothing but great reviews in Canada, and it's the top selling board in it's class at my favourite PC supply site.

Ow wells, I haven't seen many problems in the Anandtech Epox threads, and they usually post problems in the mobo sections when there are problems....
I've heard much more problems with the Neo-4, which are all fixed btw.

the socket 754 boards are good, but the chipset itself is still lacking....which would be nvidias doing not DFI...however yeah with this latest board, BIOS issues combined with some hardware descrepencies = no good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom