AMD x2 Mobo with AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya guys do a little more research before you make suggestions.... I always do research, and that is why I have no problems reccomending things like the x800 XL or the PATA hard drives even though I have never used an x800 Xl.

Also, Nubuis are you sure its the NF3 chipset? I thought the NF3 250GB was a problem free fine board, and the problems with the NF3 Ultra board was just bios issues.

Also take a look at my sig for a Nforce 3 ultra mobo. I can't remember which site, toms or Xbitlabs, but they managed to overclock a venice pretty high with that Epox NF3 mobo. No voltage options so you'll have to use the divider.

Ok, heres the link for you lazy people.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123230

Well I do remember the site overclocking the venice like hell, even with the ram divider. Since the DFI board has trouble, this is the only one I remember a site reviewing that had a good HTT peak.

No voltage options so you'll have to use the divider.
How does this work? No vcore option? What does using a divider have to do with that? No RAM voltage? I guess that would make sense, but still, that is a pretty big option not to have if you want to OC....

From what I have read the MSI is still the top NF3 board out there.

Nubius, now who's quick to judge? I have had a DFI nF3 before, and it was great. Just my PSU went loco and fried it, and I just really didn't want to spend that much to get another then have something go wrong w/ it again.

And, I stand by my original opinion. You don't know if I have had one or not, by no means are you psychic.

Now, like I said, DFI nF3 is a great board for overclocking. If you want a MoBo you don't intend to overclock on, check for ASUS or MSI.

I mean the Vdimm is only 2.85 or something, so you'll have to use the divider or get some Nice TCCD/TCC5/HYNIX to raise the FSB with the HTT. It has Vdimm and Vcore.

What is only 2.85 volts, the DFI NF3?

That's too low, but I usually run everything on max voltage so...

Nubius I would still trade you an A8V for an NF3 DFI board anyday...
Whys that? I think codeine had one, and the options weren't the best but it was stable...also Chris the Neo2 plat is the one with only 2.85...the DFI board goes to 3.2

Hacp - yes I'm sure it's the Nf3 chipset...overclocking the CPU isn't the issue here, it's the graphics, primarily the 6800 series....there are problems of stuttering and freezes even on that board as well, tne NF3 250gb that is....theres a huge thread about trying to fix that in that board at DFI as well

Nubius, now who's quick to judge? I have had a DFI nF3 before, and it was great.
You're still the one I'm afraid....The board only came out a month ago...I got it on it's day of release...I've been following the progress along with the trials and tribulations of not only the members but DFI representatives who get these boards first hand to try and help everyone out and relay problems and member input to the Taiwanese HQ...I know what the hell I'm talking about child so don't even try to stand up as if I don't.

Obviously you don't know jack about the board if you're simply going to say "very stable, best bang for the buck" when this isn't at all true....the people over at DFI themselves will tell you so.

Beyond that, I simply used your one sentence to inform the thread poster as to what the board really was about because your quick two sentence YEAH IT ROCKS is about as detailed and informational as those bogus newegg reviews. There was no need for you to go off on this little worthless post of yours in the first place as I was primarly talking about the people after you who just say "YEAH DFI IS GREAT GO WITH THAT" and know nothing of the board.

If you supposedly had the board already then try putting information that would actually HELP the person, why it's great, and that you've had personaly experience with it.

Don't even bother trying to retort to this with some little whine-fest of yours as I've already put in my opinion about this board to this particular guy and Idiotec seems to have a good hold on getting this guy information. Post and rant and through his thread off subject if you want, but I'm done.

Hacp said:
I mean the Vdimm is only 2.85 or something, so you'll have to use the divider or get some Nice TCCD/TCC5/HYNIX to raise the FSB with the HTT. It has Vdimm and Vcore.
Well, 2.85 really isn't that much of a limit. TCCD can do 300Mhz at 2.8 with loose timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom