new comp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
The only way to learn to overclock is to take the plunge headfirst. Granted, you can read all you want up on it, but until you do it, you will only know so much. Thats why I never touch the thread talking about timings and Ocng. I only know so much, only have theory, never practical use (yet)

If you are not willing to take the chance on overclocking and destroying your hardware, than ocing is not for you.

Agreed.

There are some instances however where it is tried to be made easy for people. Think of it this way. Auto-overclocking : Dell :: Manual-OC'ing:Custom-build computers. Some people would choose a Dell over a custom build because it's just simply easier for their case. Obviously that Dell will never be able to perform as well as a custom build. It's the same case with overclocking. You will NEVER be able to get the degree of OC on auto-overclock than a manual-overclock. However, some people may prefer the easy way out even though the performance advantage is sacrificed.

I agree though. More people should be open to learning more about OC'ing and taking the risk. The advantages can sometimes be ridiculous.

I originally planned out never to overclock. But as I began reading here, I was simply convinced that the performance gains can be insane. Unfortunately, I had already bought a fairly limited OC'ing board. I don't regret it now, but if I could go back, I would considering getting a DFI instead.

I'm actually convinced to a degree. It may be best to get a DFI just incase you decide to overclock later. The only reason I would stick with the MSI is for solid reliability. I don't know how good DFIs will function in the hands of a beginner.

ok wut about the Abit Fatal1ty SLI??? that was my first choice. as for the gfx card problem, i plan to get a single card nd then get a second card for SLI later (like for christmas or my birthday in febuary).

wut's up with these bursts of replies??? sum times this post is dead nd others it's crammed with replies

angryOGG said:
wut's up with these bursts of replies??? sum times this post is dead nd others it's crammed with replies

The crammage of replies in this thread is all from me posting about some other useless garbage, not for you. My apologies.

ok can sum1 please clear up my motherboard problem!? Abit Fatal1ty SLI, MSI neo plat 2 SLI, or best DFI Lanparty (wich 1 is it?)
exactly how hard wuld it be for me to figure out the DFI and is it true i cant get an aftermarket heatsink?
anybody here own the fatal1ty board? if so, can u comment on it?

Are you overclocking? And you can get an aftermarket heatsink, no matter what board you have. The DFI is acknowledged as the best board to OC with, and if you are not OCing, it is still killer. Just get the DFI. And so what if it is hard to figure out or not, makes it easier, and better, ot learn stuff. The hardest things are the best to know.

ok so i guess im gonna get the DFI lanparty nF4 SLI cause im gettin a 3700+ cpu.
final question: wut video card shuld i get? id like to get a 7800gtx but is there gonna be a better version or wen is the new ati cards/crossfire coming out???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom