SLi X 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
Will there ever be a SLi X 3 technology? Such as 3 graphic cards connected through SLi? Because right now I don't think that 2 cards is cutting it.

Maybe someday. But different sets of cards do worse than 1 orignal...

Ex) 2 6600GT's I have heard do almost worse than 1 6600GT

Didn't you know, being the master at hardware and crap and owning everyone, that gigabyte is making a board to support this?

Hmm? You have 2 7800GTXs in SLI, and you are complaining about it "not cutting it." Some of us are "cutting it" on "crap" cards such as 1 6600 GT and the ATI X800 series of cards. Its wierd that 2 7800GTXs is not "cutting it."

Syn7ax 3rror said:
Because right now I don't think that 2 cards is cutting it.

you have got to be kidding me...

you are complaining about the fastest hardware today, and saying that its not enough?

please excuse me while i shoot myself in the face so i dont' have to listen to this pure ignorance anymore.

How can 512 of video not cut it? I am running Doom 3 and HL2 on 256 with no problem. I doubt that 3 will ever exist. Its tough enough to make a mobo with the tech to allow 2 vieo cards to work as one let alone 3. If you need 3 cards to "Cut it" then i think you need to look at what you are trying to do and think of another way to do it. I havent even had problems running AutoCAD on my system.

beedubaya said:
Hmm? You have 2 7800GTXs in SLI, and you are complaining about it "not cutting it." Some of us are "cutting it" on "crap" cards such as 1 6600 GT and the ATI X800 series of cards. Its wierd that 2 7800GTXs is not "cutting it."

Well the problem is on Doom 3, sometimes my frame rates drop below 100 FPS, and I get alot of choppy game play when I drop below 90 FPS. Maybee it's just that my Proc. can't handle it. Stupid -55.

ATI's crossfire (if released) can support somethign like 48 cards at once. on the crossfire mobo's, if they have integrated graphics, will let you use 3 video cards. the integrated and 2 others that dont' have to be similar. but who cares, it will never be released.

why wouldn't the crossfire be released? and how does your gameplay get choppy if it just drops below 90 fps? that hardly seems like the threshhold for choppy gaming.

Luxar said:
why wouldn't the crossfire be released? and how does your gameplay get choppy if it just drops below 90 fps? that hardly seems like the threshhold for choppy gaming.

Sometimes during hard-core animations, I get 80 FPS. Now that is really, really choppy game play. So I need 3 cards, so I will never dive below 100 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom