Things are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

everton

Baseband Member
When i attepmt to boot up my computer its give me this error:

Couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
NTLDR: Couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)

then when i try to run the windows startup disk it gives me this error:

File \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe couldn't be loaded
The error code is 7
Setup cannot contine. Press any key to contiue.

But now just as i went to verify the files name it booted up. But does that error have any indication of what was wrong? or was it just an error tell me that my disk was unreadable or something.
Im going to try and run disk check or some program like that in the start up menu but if anyone knows what i need to do please tell me.-still cant boot up widows xp-

help please!

Is your machine a Dell? If so at the BIOS screen press alt + ctrl + d. This will run Hard Drive diagnostics on your Hard Drive. It sounds as though you may have a faulty drive.

Its not a Dell, its a custom computer i got from ibuypower.

Is there anything i can do without the XP starup disk? It dosent boot up all of the time and i get the error i showed above.

I would go to the hard drive manufacturers website and download a utility to check the disk. Also, you may want to put an xp cd in the drive boot to it and go into the recovery console. Do a chkdsk /r and this should help if you have bad sectors on your Hard Drive.

how do i get to the rescue console? If its on the xp recovery disk i cant get it to boot u it keeps giveing me the error code 7 at the same file

Make sure in the BIOS you are able to boot from CD. From there it is easy to find the recovery console.

i have the BIOS configured to boot from the cd but when i try to i still get this error:

Ntkrnlmp.exe Could Not Be Loaded Error Code 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom