THG got 5.25ghz. New World Record!

Status
Not open for further replies.
insane!....i read in a mag last mo that a processor actually puts out more heat per square inch than a nuclear reactor.

we shud 'intel' or 'amd' bomb countries.

Seperate note: Can you remotely make someones computer explode. I remeber hearing something about it a while ago?

"amazing" ....but not reality
we `ll have to work on permanent solution for the cooling stuff.

Those extreme over-clocks are never reality, and never will be. If you have the money to waste on a cpu and mobo (or if you can get 'em free for testing), then it's a cool "experiment. Those tests are never based on 'real life' comp. use.

*PyRo* said:
we shud 'intel' or 'amd' bomb countries.

Seperate note: Can you remotely make someones computer explode. I remeber hearing something about it a while ago?

Im not exactly sure, but I think Ive heard of hacks that mess with clockspeeds, sending em way over the abilities of stock cooling and making the comp catch fire.

That would never work on an intel. Unless you can by-pass the thermal shutdown thingie.

Of course not!

Bleep said:
Those extreme over-clocks are never reality, and never will be. If you have the money to waste on a cpu and mobo (or if you can get 'em free for testing), then it's a cool "experiment. Those tests are never based on 'real life' comp. use.

Of course its not based on real computer use it is just testing the limist of the processor!

Thats like saying drag racing is not a real test of a car because there are no stop lights or turns on the track! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom