Hard drive troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Alright. I want to put in this old hard drive which i know works, but i dont get why it isnt for me. I put it in, and after the "dell" loading screen, all i get is a black screen with a flashing dash. I dont get it! Help!

And, then I have this other one, which works also, but since its OS is '98, it always starts off in safe mode, than says something like, "mouse not found, to instal mouse, turn computer off". So i turn it off, and it is still not picking it up, in turn, not alliowing me to do ANYTHING at all. :mad:

Can some please help me out here?

In Win98 USB devices are loaded automaticly so if you mouse is USB it will not be detected at all. Install a fresh OS on the HDD (Not 98) and see what happens.

How do i install WinXP? I have the disc, and everything, but once i pop it into the optical drive, it doesnt load it, it just keeps going through that same process.

Is it an upgrade or full install cd (the only difference is that you would have to have the original 98se cd on hand as it will be asked for if your XP cd is an upgrade)? Do this...go into your Cmos and change the first boot device to cdrom then hard disk and finally floppy. Hit F10 and save the bios change and then you will be prompted to boot from cd..do that and then just follow the XP install instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom