gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmamione

Baseband Member
I've been trying to put together a gaming computer for about 2 months now and I'm having trouble. All I know is that I want a computer that will able to handle new games such as bf2, hl2 & source, and F.E.A.R. when that comes out.
The only parts I'm sure that I want is 80 gigs of HD from Seagate, nVIDIA 6800 GT, and either 512 or 1 gig of ram. Everything else I need help with, so can people post good parts for a computer and try to keep the overall price at most 1000 dollars. Thank you :D

Raidmax 268 ATX Mid-Tower Case w/ 350W Power Supply BLACK
AMD® Athlon-64 3200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
CPU fan and Heatsink
Abit KV-80 VIA K8M800 w/LAN, 5.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard
1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair
Integrated Xtreme Graphics AGP Video w/ 64 Mb Shared memory which I will take out and put in the Leadtek 6600 that I have at home. (the Integrated gfx card is free)
Western Digital 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 8MB Cache Hard Drive
56x CD-ROM Drive black
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard--I will buy a new sound card if I find nessesary
600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
10/100 Network Onboard
PS/2 104 Key
Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1A USB Internet Mouse

Which comes out to be 559.00 an extrememly low price for what looks like a high end computer.

Tell me what you think

ABIT is horrible, go with DFI LanParty nF3 250GB. It has great overclocking options and has AGP 8x.

Corsair is only good w/ selling value RAM. If you want to game, you need to get DDR2 RAM, like OCZ, Patriot, TwinMOS, maybe even G. Skill. But if you really dont want to spend $100+ for RAM, go w/ Corsair ValueSelect, TwinMOS, or OCZ Premier Value.

3200+ is great, that will OC nicely, and is necessary for future 64-bit gaming.

For a mobo I'll change it to this:
Asus K8V-MX VIA K8M800 w/LAN, 5.1 Sound IEEE-1394 USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard

The Corsair was already the Corsair-Value/Major Brand but I may switch to Kingston Hyper X or Geil Ultra X whichever is the best for gaming.

I think the corsair is fine. I really don't understand why everyone talks about getting RAM other than whatever. It's 1gb, I really don't think you'll notice a difference if you get a more expensive brand.

O ok. I really didnt wanna spend the extra money on RAM i just wanted to clear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom