Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you retarted? some people have bad experiences from companies and posting those experiences does what? nothing. I could say I had a bad experience from evga and don't buy from them just because one person or so says that the hardware is bad does not mean you should stay away from it, but look into and even buy it

EDIT: I've also had a bad experience with hitachhi and I know it probably was a bad drive because most of yall say that they have been good to you, so my statement won't do anything

Why do you have to be such a jackass? These are reviews, just like the ones at new egg or at toms hardware. Are you going to give Tom's crap for reviewing something and giving a bad review, even though you may have had a good experience with that product? If you dont want to listen, DONT! These are just for reference, not by any means a definitive guide. We are just sharing what we have gone through will certain parts. If you have had a good experience where everyone else has had a bad one, than say so!

You are the retard, so piss off.

Calm down everyone, we all know that this is OPINION BASED AND THAT WE ARE ALL ONLY SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE AND HEARSAY!
Also, not to mention that components can act a variety of ways due to circumstances that differ between users ie, computer set up, faulty hardware, improper care for whatever it is that sucked, or a variety of other reasons aside from the wuality of what it is that sucked. Anyways, most of these are simply "IN MY CASE......." and "FROM MY EXPERIENCE...." so i wouldnt recommend that someone base their new build solely on this tread, but maybe keep in mind what a few people say, especially that you should never buy anything from either Intel or AMD :) thats my favorite and most useless post yet.

verman84 said:
especially that you should never buy anything from either Intel or AMD :) thats my favorite and most useless post yet.

Thanks. The pleasure was all mine. :) At least you can't call me a fanboy, eh?

About this whole topic, the name is a bit misleading, it should be something like "experiences with hardware" or so. When it's "parts not to buy" there really should be some hard facts about faulty stuff, not just a few personal experiences. But I forgive you all. ;)

I don't see what the big problem is here, we are all just posting legitimate advice on parts and companies we have had problems with. Some of us have had LOTS of dealings with certain parts, being that SOME of us work in the field and don't just do IT work/research for leisure, but to earn a LIVING. So I think some comments hold some water here.

Of course if someone has had ONE bad experience with a part, and didn't do any research on it, or never dealt with that part again, ok then, it may have just been a faulty part. But when we deal with the same problem over and over again, or hear about similar problems with these parts, it in turn leads us to believe that the line is overall bad, and shouldnt be purchased.

Basically, instead of sitting around complaining about technicalities of a thread, if you don't like it, don't post in it. Simple as that. I'm sure you all have better things to do than gripe about whether or not a thread is misleading or just sucks.

Anyway, I have a part to add. HB 2.0 speakers. Yeah, they are cheap speakers, but when they blow out after an average of 2 weeks of minor use...that's just ridiculous. We have had a few sets of them blow already and a couple customers call us back for refunds. Not dealing with those anymore.

Basically, instead of sitting around complaining about technicalities of a thread, if you don't like it, don't post in it. Simple as that. I'm sure you all have better things to do than gripe about whether or not a thread is misleading or just sucks.

I second that motion!

Right, these are just "our/my experiences". Take it with what you know and make an educated decision. There are some consistencies you will notice across many users, however...
*cough* Maxtor *cough*

smileygladhands said:
Right, these are just "our/my experiences". Take it with what you know and make an educated decision. There are some consistencies you will notice across many users, however...
*cough* Maxtor *cough*

hehe. very true. :p

JDGreen92086 said:
Don't buy anything unless its confirmed on this site. That pretty much covers everything :)

I'm not so sure about that. My cousin has been building computers for well over a decade, and another cousin of mine just finished up his 5th year at the Pentagon working constantly on computer backup systems. Both highly recommend Maxtor hard drives on the same level as Western Digital.

Amusing how a few folks here speak against them. Hahaha. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom