Cooling my pc. Extra fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
Okay, I'm wanting to cool my computer a bit. My case and specs are below. I'm thinking of adding a few fans. Maybe a few in the window and 1 in the front where my 3 drive drive spaces arent used. Thinking of this setup... 2 intake window fans, rear exhaust, and 2 front exhausts. Would be a good little project while I send my ram modules back and get a working full gig. Any thoughts or alternative setups? I know that setup is probably shit, but, thats why I'm asking for advice :). Imma open paint and draw you guys a little diagram! LOL maybe not... maybe upon request hahaha.

EDIT: Are buying these fans worth it. Wouldnt be much, maybe 10 bucks or 15 max(my guess). How much owuld this cool my pc as well? 5c?

Maybe consider having the front two setup for intake. Then you'll have a nice flow of air going from front to back over all the components.

And yes, I think it's worth it.

The more fans = the more C it drops. I say if you really want to cool it down and can afford to pay a little more, go with the XP-90, or Zalman 7700cu

Well, I'm looking to overall cool my air inside the pc and to get some direct air on the PWM IC(Pulse Width Modulation Integrated Circut), GPU, and Chipset(north bridge). I'll get a nice heatsink soon, and if my temps become better overall, then I will OC until temps prevent going further.

I'm getting ready to cut the back of this desk out. Well... not exactly cut.... but there is a little panel that is very thin that I'm going to remove so as the rear exhaust throws out hot air, it has some place to go.

What do you guys think about the previously mentioned airflow setup, and how would this one work out? Rear exhaust to an intake, sides are still intakes, and the 2 front ones are exhausts. The exhausts would be 1 80 mm, and 1 120 mm. The intakes would be 2 side 80 mm, 1 rear 120 mm. While still removing the desk panel for the rear intake to get air. Which would be better?

EDIT: I won't be online for the next week or so. I have to RMA my ram. I'm wanting this to be a nice project over the week since I wont have a pc. So, I really need some quick replies.
Also I have an old pentium 3 compaq presario, do you think I could remove those sticks and put them into this pc. I'm nearly positive they aren't ddr 400 to. Maybe ddr 266.... dont know if they are 184 pin either >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom