Suggestions for a new vid card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT is much better

and there's better brands than ASUS

and blurry text might be the monitor.....

my suggestion is that before you buy anything, use another/borrow a monitor from a friend and try it on your omputer and if text is still blurry, then try/borrow another gfx card

beedubaya said:
Yes, that card would suit your needs. The others will probably let you know that its not a gaming card at all, and will recommend the GT version. Get the GT version if you play on gaming, but if you are not a gamer, the non-GT will suit your purposes.
If the price was lower I would say so as well. But like others said, it is only a $5 price difference so might as well get the GT.

it probably has nothing to do with your graphics card. as the other guy suggested, try another monitor. unless there is something physically wrong with your graphic card, the problem is either the monitor, or just your computer settings (or maybe just drivers). heck if i had your vid card i'd be really happy.... kick my 32mb riva tnt2 card's butt anyday. if you're going to get a new card anyways... feel free to throw your old card my way :p

i eat geforce 7800GTX cards for breakfast and lunch. very satisfying. i pwn geforce7800gtx.

Yeah but really with my processor being a celeron 2.4ghz is it really worth it to get a 7800? I think as far as what I have and additional heat that the 7800 would put into my system that going from a 5500fx to a 6600 or 6800gt is a good move. What do you think>?

6800GT would be overkill if paired with a 2.4 Celeron.

The 6600 should do you good, or a 6600GT if you're feeling froggy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom