Best eVGA 6800GT drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
Yes I know that obviously this topic has been brought up... but that was back in March and the thread was 0% conclusive.

So I was wondering... have any drivers really stepped up to the plate? Which ones seem to be the best right now?

77.72 are the latest ForceWares, but they will warg out your video color correction.

I have an easy fix for it though, so no worries. Just let me know if you need it.

I just dled Nvidia's drivers. I didn't even bother with EVGA ones. It works well enough, although I havn't tested it with many games.

OHHH! Haha, nice call on the video problems Calzinger. I posted about this problem in the multimedia section of this forum a week or two ago and of course got no replies. I knew I would've got replies if I posted in the ever mighty "Hardware" forum. This was before I had to reformat.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Here's an easy fix:

start -> control panel -> display -> settings tab -> advanced -> GPU tab -> color correction rollout.

Set the "Apply color changes to:" dropdown to "overlay".

You should see a curve of some sort. What you want to see is a y=x line to show even distribution, not stressed contrast or brightness.

In order to accomplish a line, set the "color profile:" dropdown to "Advanced mode". This should automatically set the curve to a line.

If worse comes to worse, change it to a line yourself, but I honestly don't think it will come to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom