Artic Silver vs Antec Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
So I'm going to try putting some thermal compound on my processor to try and cool it down. It's currently all stock. Current temps: Ambient 43 degrees celcius/ CPU 52 degrees celcius at idle.
Is Antec Silver compound as good, or ok to use instead of the much talked about Artic Silver? The reason being the Antec is easier to get for me. Here's the specs:

http://www.excaliberpc.com/images/551536_h/huge.jpg

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Antec_Silver_Thermal_Compound_/partinfo-id-551536.html

Also does this stuff work ok on GPU's too? I've read the directions on how to do it but this will be a first for me. Thanks all.

Your local compusa has arctic silver if you need it. I dont know about antec silver, but I would always go with the tried and true method before taking the plunge on another product.

Im in Canada. I read a couple reviews online and guys seem to like it. Maybe i will try it out. I'll let ya know if it smokes after....

how much arctic silver 5 should i get at 1 time 3.5grams?? is that enought for how many applications?

Well I applied the Antec Silver and it has dropped my CPU by 3 degrees. Been running for a couple hours now. I guess it works. Should I go for a new heat sink? Maybe I'll try newegg and see what the service is like to Canada....

It will take up to 200 hours for arctic silver to full set and get the tempetures to there lowest. And there is enough in the 3.5gram tube to do 10 CPUs with the heat spreader, and like 40 of the CPUs that have the DIE exposed. And about 4-5 heatplates.

And there is enough in the 3.5gram tube to do 10 CPUs with the heat spreader,
That's what their 'instructions' or whatever says, but realistically it can do a lot more than that...I've got a 3.5g tube that I bought a LONG time ago...thought it wouldn't last me that long at all and I've used it so many times I've already forgotten how many uses I've gotten out of it.

This is on both CPU's with the dies exposed, GPUs, and the AMD64s with heatspreaders on them

Also does this stuff work ok on GPU's too?
Only difference between a CPU and a GPU is the first letter in the name.....other than that, they are both processors so of course it would work.

Nubius said:
That's what their 'instructions' or whatever says, but realistically it can do a lot more than that...I've got a 3.5g tube that I bought a LONG time ago...thought it wouldn't last me that long at all and I've used it so many times I've already forgotten how many uses I've gotten out of it.

This is on both CPU's with the dies exposed, GPUs, and the AMD64s with heatspreaders on them

Only difference between a CPU and a GPU is the first letter in the name.....other than that, they are both processors so of course it would work.

I mean should I bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom