....and it shall be called WINDOWS VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Microsoft's new OS (formerly called Longhorn) is going to be dubbed 'Windows Vista'. since Microsoft naming of the new version of its OS, they launched a basic website for it and held an event so that thousands of people could give windows Vista a standing ovation.

'Vista' will replace 'Longhorn' and according to the new website, beta 1 will be targeted at developers and IT professionals, and should be available by August 3rd 2005. weather that actually will follow through, who knows. some people are troubled by the name and the latest suggestion, put forth by Steven Bink is that the new name should be WinVi, paying both tribute to Microsoft's choice of name Vista and to the fact that this version will be Windows NT 6 (in Latin numerals VI)

Microsoft said the tagline for the new OS will be 'Clear - Confident - Connected: Bringing clarity to your world!'

There have already been a few threads about this, but I have made one a sticky, so hopefully all posts about this subject will be made in this thread. Vista doesn't look near as bad as I thought it would. In fact, I may actually do the upgrade on my current system, being is its not going to be the resource hog that I expected it would be if you turn off the "Glass" theme. It looks as if its going to be a very scalable OS, and I am looking forwards to some of the new features such as "Listing", the ability to make changes to the system without requiring a restart, WinFX, as well as the new command prompt for .NET 2.0. Does anybody know what the actual system requirements of this OS will be?

MS faces court over Vista

Microsoft's decision to call the next version of its OS Vista might have a raised a few smiles last week but one Redmond resident is less than impressed. The boss of Vista, a software and services company for small businesses is considering taking legal action against the software giant.

John Wall is the founder of Wall Data and chief executive of Vista which he started in May 2000.

told the Seattle Times: "We're going to consider our options and talk to them." Wall owns vista.com along with the name.

The company is checking whether Microsoft's Vista trademark infringes on its own. Vista provides ecommerce and transaction software for small and medium-sized businesses.

Wall said many companies use the Vista name and Microsoft's decision would create even more confusion.

Microsoft's decision to call the next version of its OS Vista might have a raised a few smiles last week but one Redmond resident is less than impressed. The boss of Vista, a software and services company for small businesses is considering taking legal action against the software giant.

John Wall is the founder of Wall Data and chief executive of Vista which he started in May 2000.
told the Seattle Times: "We're going to consider our options and talk to them." Wall owns vista.com along with the name.

The company is checking whether Microsoft's Vista trademark infringes on its own. Vista provides ecommerce and transaction software for small and medium-sized businesses.

Wall said many companies use the Vista name and Microsoft's decision would create even more confusion.

Hopefully they will lose the name, as I wasn't that impressed, but they have their own reason for using it.

vis·ta (vĭs'ta)
n.

A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as between rows of buildings or trees.
An avenue or other passage affording such a view.
An awareness of a range of time, events, or subjects; a broad mental view

Re: MS faces court over Vista

Warez Monster said:

Might want to delete part of that seeing that it is repeated. :)

i hope they do lose the name or that company will be bought out from Microsoft which mit happen, if they take them to court Gates mit try and pull that he has had that name picked out for the windows before the year 200o bla bla bla. Comes with his crap i hope to loses.

Maybe they an do a hip hop kinda thang and call it: Microsoft MistaVista! :) That way they can merchandise MS Bling Bling and Gangsta Programing tools!!! Being gangsters, it would fit: All references to my own biases concerning anti-trust issues are the opinions of this author!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom