wont boot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensta

Solid State Member
hey i need big help ,
i was just using my desktop pc when it suddenly froze, so, i hit the reset button as one would,
when it restarted it frozze agian not long after booting, i checked in the bios it was running a bit hot, i thougth it could be the tempreture, i took of the heat sink and cleared heaps of dust of from it and re aplied heat sink compond, etc when i turned it on same problem, then on the next boot iam not even getting any display, or boot sounds,
could this be a CMOS error if so how long do i need to leave the battery out to clear it ,
why is it doing this please help me fix it only thing i could think of is cmos,
there isnt even the single beep when u try to boot,
thanks ben

I dont think its your bios.

Leave it off for 20 mins. Power on and tell us exactly what it does and what boot screens come up if any.

Too many things to consider from where you are at.
1-Motherboard.
2- Hard drive.
3-OS corruption.
4- Bad Ram.
5- dead power supply.

its been of for a while now, ok here i go
i turn it on
fans start up, .. loading light comes on ( and stays on for about 15 secends) during this time, the cd drives lights come on,and then go off, and thats about it, no boot screen at all, its still on but its doing nothing, no boot sounds, no lights
just fans

any sugestions graphics card? ram ? ?
editing this post
i just took the ram out and its sitting here next to me, i booted the computer and same problem, nothing has changed, so could this mean the ram is dead? or could it go deeper suck as the mobo ?

probably the psu what type do u have.or a graphics problem since u said every thing was on but no display.

i doubt its the psu, i can open the cd roms and evything, but iam running a 20 pin psu on my mobo which is 24 pin but i have had no problems for the time i have had it, ,
i thought the mobo could be dead, i dont get and beeps at start up usually i get one to confirm setup or somthing ,:D
iam about to reset bios cmos thingo, and see how it goes

heres what i have done, i clear the cmos and unpluged everything except for the cpu RAM
i am getting nothing , not beeps nothing is it the mobo ?
i need a verdit lol :D cheers

i fixed it now it was a miricle but **** iam jsut good i think, haha this in me other account on the desktop pc yay thanks for all your help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom