Login Screen screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Multiple Windows 'issues'

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some of the problems I am having with my computer, and some of the things I want to be able to with my computer that I don't know how to do.

1st Problem: Login screen screensaver. How do you change the screensaver that is displayed on the welcome and login screen? The current one I have belongs to some software that is no longer on my PC, and I wish to restore it to the default Windows one, or at least one of my chosing.

2nd Problem: I have a computer and a laptop that have users that have accounts on both machines. Is it possible to have their data on both machines updated whenever both machines are on and networked. Both computers are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, and are connected together with a hub.

3rd Problem: Windows start up timer. For some reason when I start up my computer it asks whether I want to run Windows in normal or safe mode and has a 3 second timer. Is it possible to remove this timer so that it just automatically starts Windows normally?

Thank you anyone who can help with these problems!!!

Hi,

For your 1st problem, did you see if you change it from within windows (right click on desktop>properties>screen saver...)

Check and see if it works...

For 2nd problem, what do you mean the data is updated? If you mean the files and folders of users on both PCs, then of cource you can share and view them on both pcs via the network, and you can manually transfer from/to any one...but I know dont know if there is something that makes them updated automatically...

For your 3rd problem, you can go to control pannel (you must be Administrator), open 'System' then click on the Advanced tab. you can then change which os automatically starts and you can change the timer for them...

I hope I was of any help...

I can change the screensaver, but for some reason the actual default Windows Screensaver (the WinXP logo that keeps jumping around the screen) has been changed to the Flyakite OS logo. Is there a way to change this back?

Yeah, it would be great if the files and stuff could be automatically updated. But I don't know if that's even possible.

Thanks, the third problem is now fixed!

Whats flyakite? Is it spyware related? Try deleting it or running spyware scans (adaware, spysweeper, spybot, msoft antisyware)

Flyakite is software that makes Windows look like Mac OS X. Eventually it got too irritating, so I removed it. However, it doesn't seem to have removed everything. It is NOT spyware or anything malicious.

I used em yah there r good dont change the boot screen it gives u the blue screen of death I had to go into safemode to undo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom