video card? issues during games and after

Status
Not open for further replies.

crh0872

Baseband Member
I have been having problems with games, basically what happens is these weird triangles of different colors in the game are flickering over and over in random places on the screen when i play a 3d game for more than like 10 min. Nothing specific seems to trigger it, it happens at random during the game. I actually got a screenshot of it, here:

renegadetriangles.jpg

And once I exit the game, my desktop background looks like this,

desktopbad.jpg

Once I reboot, it is gone. but until then, it stays.

someone please reply for a first ;)

Caleb Hearon

Intel P4 3.0 GHz HT
1 gig DDR corsair/ultra ram
250 gig western digital hd
DVD drive, CD-RW drive, floppy
Asus p4p800-e deluxe mb (478)
Radeon 9250 128 mb video card, 400 MHz, mad dog
Running Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2

I cant see the images... but it sounds like your graphics card is artifacting, this is usually due to it overheating... have you over clocked it??? if so you need to lower the settings you have set it to.

i fixed the images, and i think i might be overclocking it yes, i have the asus motherboard set to auto overclocking the card

right after it started artifacting, i shut down the computer, opened it up and felt the card. The processor was obvioiusly covered by a little fan, but under it on the other side of the vid card (AGP by the way), it was very hot, so i think it could be overheating...any cooling suggestions without having to buy something right away?

loose the overclock and see what happens and feeling the card wont do anything since it can cool down soo fast

well im a bit confused, my card is supposed to run at 1.5 volts, and it was set to 1.6, so i set it to 1.5 with AiBooster (a program that lets u ajust that) and rebooted, but in the bios it was still 1.6...??? so i set that to 1.5 and rebooted but it happened again. I think they are conflicting, but im not sure if voltage is the only thing that matters. what else should i check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom