Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
I'm building my first computer and looking for a 80gig hd. i found one on newegg for $74. is that a good deal? what does it mean by oem drive only
hard drive

not retail box, no cables or screws. probably a 1 year warranty. Ahh just looked at your link. Its not a bad price. There are cheaper 80gb drives but that is a good one. Actually its one of the best 80gb drives . The cheaper ones would be a lot slower. And Newegg is always safe to buy from. but look at spending a few more bucks and getting a bigger one. the 120 western digital is i think $103.

What will you be using this new computer for mate, seeing if we can judge the size compaired to what you wanna do with it

They have the same drive on newegg with a 3 year warranty for $77 dollars. and the 120 gb is $91 dollars. You have to watch with western digital, sometiems the same drives have a one or three year warranty. And if you have ever had to do and RMA, western digital is the easiest to do.

i'm not into gaming. i just want to store some music
i think it is worth the extra 3 bucks for the extra warranty
thanks

If your gonna store music files ya might wanta go bigger, I heard that they take up alot of storage on the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom