Wire Sleeving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I am considering sleeving my power wires and need to know what kind of risk dismantiling molex connectors presents (ie creating bad contacts). I do not presume there will be any issues with this, but I am very paranoid. Also, if I go through with this, I will probably buy Vantec's kit (only beacause both sleeves and heatshrink are hard to come by where I live), and am concerned about having to apply that much heat to anything. Any rish of comprimising the wire's intergrety?

Also, if I can get my hands on some more (seperate from the kit)heat shrink, I will probably also be binding together my fan wires. Is there anything I need to worry about here (such as electrical induction)?

I think it would be fine. Get a molex connector remover to make your life a lot easier. I think it is included in the kit.

buy a molex connector replacment kit
that way you can get the molex remover and have the molex's match the color scheme
sleeving is a pain in the ass it takes forever but the results are very nice. Use a heatgun and hold about a foot away any closer and it will start melting the sleeving just make sure you get the wires right leave one with the molex intact as a reference. And thats about all the advice I have for ya
HAVE FUN!
yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom