ps help

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
i just got a new case and was wondering if i can turn on the ps without having anything hooked up to it?
straightv6

why would you want to? you could but you would have to manually complete the power switch circuit by using a piece of wire to turn the psu on. i would not recommend you doing this

you could with the old at powersupplies. power button included. We used to hook up cd roms and put speakers to the earphone jacks and have a cheap cd player. But yes as EK said you would need something to jump it from. If you plug it into a mobo you can jump it from the pins where the power switch goes. Im also curious as to what your plans are for it.

Plug it into the Mobo, turn it on and see if the fans spin & the Led lights on the Mobo.

yes its possible, no i wouldnt do it, youre going to fry something (most likely yourself) or blow something up, lol

something you can try tho, is if you have a voltage tester, plug in the PSU and put the testers in the red and black wire ports on the 4-pin power connectors

If you spend $20 at a computer store and buy a PS tester, that does it for you and without the risk of shock. it's a good tool to keep around anyway..

Like Dethangel says ya can test the output voltages with a Meter. I didn't realize ya didn't have the Mobo yet. Ya sound like yer ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom