ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
I was thinking of buying an ipod and had the following questions

what is the Apple iPod Dock Kit
does it provide a USB connection to the PC?

can iconnect the apple ipod dock kit to my pc or does it have to be a MAC?

does the apple 20 GB iPod M9282LL connect to a pc through USB or can it just connect to a pC thrugh firewire?Hello

Can u provide a link to what u r talking about?
If it is an ipod dock it just a stand that u can connect your ipod to.U dont need it.
All ipods are compatible with mac and pc
It connects through both but if i am not mistaken the firewire cord is optional.

i came across 4 generations of the ipods, what is the difference between different generations?

dude 4 the same price u can get the color one check apple.com but hey maybe the dont ship to the uk.But look at uk shippers because u can get the new modle.Also gen 4 is the newest version on the monochrome ipod apple is not making it any more check apple u wont see it.

Just a little warning and my opinion on pods. They are a very unstable, horribly made product. The "OS" it uses is so crappy that they crash or freeze all the time. At work we send out atleast 5 or 6 ipods a day because they stop working.

To answer your question, the different generations were differet styles, basically. The early generations were thicker, and had much smaller drives. The round dials have changed, from being a spinning piece of plastic to the new touch-sensative circles. Newer the better, but I'm sure some of the older ones are just fine.
I was using a friend's Gen4 at school one day, and it did seem to crash on me once. Not a huge deal, but, hey.
You might also look into the Creative Nomad Zen (or such) as they are much much cheaper, though not quite as easy to operate as the ipods, but still very nice.
Tell us more about this Sony/Microsoft joint player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom