max overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

c<64

Solid State Member
I just wanted to know before i started ocing my cpu and ram what you guys think is the max speed i will be able to oc it. So i don't fry my comp. My cpu temp. is usually around 32 or 33 degrees C., and my ram is 39 C. On stock cooling.

RAM- OCZ Enhanced Latency 512 DDR 400 PC3200

CPU-AMD Athlon 64 3200 Winchester Core

Would i be able to oc much?

no one can tell u man everything differs man try it for ya self and fins out u should overclock ur gfx to it overclocks ez the timings are in my sigs

lol that aint that insane eg my VALUE doing ddr480 but hey i reakon u could get 2.5ghz ddr440-460 but that would take looser timings probebly. hell u might get ddr500 but doubt it i got lucky and my cpu can do 2.7ghz and my ram ddr480 with 3-3-3-5 timings all on stock cooling but to be safe i reakon 2.4-5ghz should <-(please remember this word) be fine

u can't really predict what you will get cos u might get a 3ghz chip or a 2.03ghz chip lol good luck

Counter-Strike said:
Winchesters OC but not as good as a SD or a Venice. I say you can hit about 2.4Ghz +
A 400mhz OC is highly unlikely on a stock cooler. Some people only get up to 2.4 with WC. 2.2ghz is a bit more reasonable, but not garaunteed.

But yeah, it is very difficult to predict an OC. We don't want to say that you will get 2.2, and you get pissed off because you only got 2.1ghz.

Just try it, but make sure to monitor the temperatures. Get the Thermalright XP-90 heatsink for your CPU and you can OC even further.

Counter-Strike said:
OCZ is insane w/ overclocking, you can probably OC that RAM to DDR 433+ easily w/ adequate cooling.

My value ram OC'ed to 436 on stock timings, OCZ can do a hell of alot better, 500 is a good bet. If you loosen timings, you can go even HIGHER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom