very strange problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the problem started about 8 months ago. Although, after i started getting the problem I decided I needed a new computer. So, the computer with the problem ended up sitting unused for about 6 months. I just recently have needed it agian as a second computer. The problem started after I updated the graphics drivers on my video card which is another reason i thought it was the graphics card. different discs were used from the install. I left my cds down at my house by where I goto college.

So, is there anyway to check the IRQs and such?

i compleatly changed graphics cards and im still getting the same problem. I dont think the graphics card driver is the root of the problem. it may have factored in but i dont think it will make a difference. I don't have an old version of the driver that works with XP anymore, anyway.

When exactly does the problem occur? What game are you playing at what settings? Make sure you've downloaded from Nvidia.com, the latest drivers. Have you phsically checked all connections etc, can you swap PSU's?

Well normally when i am just surfing the internet or going through files on my computer the screen will do the flash to black thing etc. I play a game called Asheron's Call and it is not very graphics intensive. I tried a bunch of different drivers for the old card. The drivers I had on the computer when it started happening where the latest (at the time) drivers from nvidia. Right now I have the drivers that came with the new card in it. I havent had a chance to switch out the PSU or try it without anything but the graphics card in it. I will do that later tonight when I have time.

Ok, let us know. I would still install new drivers....even though isnt your problem.

have you done a updated virus scan (ie avg) and spyware scan (adaware/spysweeper/spybot) ? Just a thought..

well i compleatly reformated, and it happend shortly after that which is why I am thinking it is some sort of hardware problem. I'm actually about to go take a look at it again. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom