64 bit applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the win xp 64 that you are talking about only for the intel Itanium chips or does it work with amd chips as well or Are you talking about the one that was in pc world or just the regular business 64 bit windows that companies use instead of consumers.

According to the Microsoft site (this is from this page):

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 is available from computer manufacturers with the purchase of a new Intel Itanium Processor Family workstation. It is also available to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Universal, Enterprise, Professional, and Operating Systems subscribers via MSDN Subscriber Downloads. Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 is only available in an English language version.

So you can not just buy it off of the shelf. You have to be subscribed to MSDN or buy it OEM on a machine.

dethangle, hey where on that site is the Win XP 64bit priced? A free copy, now that would be good for those that have splurged for the 64 bit processor. Looks to me like you have to buy a new Family Workstation to get it. I don't think that is what AMD 643200+ is looking for.

no thats not what I was looking for I allready have my amd 64 chip and pc I was looking for apps for it but I supose I will ahve to wait till march or april for the xp 64 designed for my chip and wait for the apps to follow which is fine for me

it was on the MS site (it might be only for peeps with MS logins, as, like i said, i work for an MS company and the link was sent to me by a co-worker) neways, i think it will work on the athlon 64 (i couldnt see why not, the 32-bit edition works on the 32-bit version of XP) or the itanium, (soon to be the P5 IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom