I need help, seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold, are you kidding me? OCZ is a very affordable brand, and they OC like hell. Value RAM never OC's that well, yea its affordable but....

YOU GET WHAT YOU $$$ FOR.

Trotter said:

BFG are good, and you get what you pay for.

BFG is good for those that want to spend the extra money for a very slightly faster card. To most it really not worth the extra money.

Something like EVGA is usually cheap and extremly reliable.

Counter-Strike said:
Gold, are you kidding me? OCZ is a very affordable brand, and they OC like hell. Value RAM never OC's that well, yea its affordable but....

YOU GET WHAT YOU $$$ FOR.

I know value ram dont overclock well but I think you asuming he want to overclock. There alot of people that have no plans of ever overclocking. Base on his last post of not knowing what overclocking is he might be one of those.

The truth is value ram works great and you loose maybe 3% performance at a max. It a great option for anyone not overclocking.

BFG is good for those that want to spend the extra money for a very slightly faster card. To most it really not worth the extra money.

Something like EVGA is usually cheap and extremly reliable.
He doesn't need a high-end card for what he said he wanted to do. I have a BFG GeForce4 MX 4000 w/128MB that'll play HL2...maybe not as fast as a pait of 7800 LSI'd together, but it will do it.

The older BFG's aren't that expensive, and BestBuy carries them, so he can get his discount.

I guess all i need is a good Motherboard/CPU/graphics card combo... I think you guys have convinced me on all of the other details.

Trotter said:
I have a BFG GeForce4 MX 4000 w/128MB that'll play HL2...

Sure a geforce4 mx 4000 can play halflife 2 fine but halflife 2 more of a cpu bound game then a graphic card bound game. He said he wanted to play battlefield 2. I would like to see someone try to get a mx 4000 to work on battle field 2. So far out of the people I talk to they 0 for 10 in getting anything lower then a geforce 5200 to work. one person got the 5200 to work but it played like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom