Any Build In The World...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
God knows how many times this has been posted. But I haven't seen one of these in a while, so I'll repost :)

If you could have ANY build in the world, where money wasn't an issue, what would you get?

Here is mine:

Thermaltake Armor ATX Server Case w/ Aspire 520W ATX PSU
Toshiba Black IDE CD/DVD ROM Drive/ Sony Black IDE DVD/CD Burner
2x 74GB Western Raptors 10k RPM RAID 0
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR 939 ATX
AMD Athlon 64 FX57 San Diego 939
2GB G. Skill PC4800 RAM w/Heatspreaders
eVGA 7950 PCI-E 256MB (When Available)
Zalman CNPS 7700 120mm Fan
Stock Case Fans w/ 3 extra Aspire 80mm Multi-Color LED
Diamondback Razr Mouse
Sunbeam Transparency Wired Illuminated Keyboard
Olevia 37" Black LCD TV

Took a while to come up w/ that stuff. I would add in watercooling, but that would take a while w/ custom parts, cuz kits suck :p

I wouldn't buy a 7800GTX for anything. I would wait for the 7900GTX or possible the 7950 series. The only reason the 7800GTX exists is to fool ATI into thinking they have Nvidia beat.

My ultimate rig comming soon...

Cascade cooling... Plasma TV instead. Definitely a better PSU. Dual ATI R520s in crossfire, instead. I'm sorry, but once ATI is Direct X 9.0C, nvidia lost its advantage. ATI's cards are faster and offer better quality.
Roger

wen r all these nexter generation cards comin out? i was thinking about getting a 7800GTX but now idk about it. i wuld like to build by the end of August. anybody kno if the newer, better stuff'll be out by then? or the alternative, get a 6800GT nd upgrade later?

beedubaya said:
I wouldn't buy a 7800GTX for anything. I would wait for the 7900GTX or possible the 7950 series. The only reason the 7800GTX exists is to fool ATI into thinking they have Nvidia beat.

My ultimate rig comming soon...

Where have you heard of the next nvidia cards?

I guess if Nvidia were building a new card, they would ditch the 110nm processor and head into 90nm or lower. If ATI would have did 110nm, they would have released their cards now

The Armor case is very excellent. I thought Tsunami looked cool, then I saw that :) Filters everywhere, so much space, that button panel is begging for an LCD, LED fans look great behind the filters, bottom drawer for storing stuff (mod it to make it lockable). Worth the $160. I would get an X2 though. Might not be as fast for gaming, but I like multitasking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom