Who will come out victorious????

• Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed an Athlon Thunderbird in two computers about three years ago and they run good; but, I imagine Intel is great as well.

As far as the Mac getting blown away, whatever.

I've always used AMD because it's a better value for the $. You can run all the benchmarks you want. AMD and Intel are always neck and neck. So it just comes down to paying more for the Intel name.

mike11973 said:
apples operating system is also unix based which is much more stable than any ntfs system....the 1ghz fsb on the g5 paired with excellent engineering inside the machine with a max memory capability of 8gb truely make it a work of wonder.....its just a shame they dont have near the software available that pc's do.

any pc with a 32-bit processor is capable of addressing up to 8GB of memory, it all depends on the motherboard how much you can actually put in there and with a 64-bit processor, you can address up to 16 exabytes (16000 GB) of memory

the new P4C chips are amazing (with ram that can clock up to 800MHZ) and the 2.8GHz chips are only $200, i find it really funny that the dual-proc apple got owned by the Intel, even though they werent using apps designed for dual-procs, you still get around a 25% gain in speed by adding a 2nd processor, even on single processor apps, because of the threading technology

you guy are realy starting to change my mind but whats this thing i keep on hearing about the problems with cooling down the amd

i would go with the Intel, because even the lowest 64-bit AMD is still more than the 2.8GHz P4C, as is the Athlon XP 3000 @400 MHz FSB (which is 1/2 of the intel mind you, so you cant run your ram in dual channel) you gotta remember it isnt just the processor speed that makes it fast, its also the speed at which it can communicate with other devices

and btw the extreme version is so much more expensive because it has 2Mb of L2 cache instead of the standard 512Kb

Well you dont have to get a 64 bit AMD... When the 64 bit OS editions come out there will probably be much better editions of procs out, because they will be able to test them and make them more for the OSes they put out. (even though you'll have to eventually have to buy a new mobo for your 64-bit proc...)

You could save some money and buy a great Athlon XP 3000+ or 3200+, for much less than a 64 bit one, and like i said - you can always upgrade later...

If you plan on OCing you might want to consider that P4's are ALWAYS multiplyer-locked at the factory (unless you are lucky enough to have gotten one of the... "beta" versons of the processor which are all open for your tweaking needs.

I guess it all comes down to how much you have to spend...

show me the money!!!! It comes down to the price for me. Can get a 2400+ 2gig chip for $100. I have one it works just fine for me. got the 1.6 p4 and my 1800 runs circles around it. When it comes down the price. As far as cooling my amd rigs run at 40c. or less with stock hs and fan and two case fans, not a big deal, $20 on case fans! AMD all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom