Msi 6600gt Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a difference ambient temperature makes to gpu temps....i really havent noticed any gaming improvement but score went up on 3dmark03 to 9026 from 8500.

CoolBits is more of a hack registry than a program I thought. While we're on the subject of overclocking, how do you enable extra pipelines with the Nvidia cards?

I overclock to 550 and 1100 and only get 76 degrees playin bf2. Should i crank it up some more??? Oh i did have one random reboot a while ago, i was shuttin down hl2 after playin awile. Ya i never bothered installin coolbits.

lol just keep goin till it artifacts or starts jumping or stoping and starting. also you can't enable any new pipe lines in the 6600 or 6600GT as far as i know. the 6200 can have 4 made into 8 so that it goes from 6200 to 6600 with a bit of ocing :) good luck

charles_scott said:
I heard 125C is the point where the GPU frys on the 6600GT.... Atleast thats what newegg said about mine lol
Yeah, nVidia sets the threshold to 135C for the 6800 GT. But don't rely on that as your max temperature mark. Anything above 90C is getting very dangerous. My 6800 GT (410/1120) was running at 90C under load in BF2, which obviously isn't very safe if done consistently for a good deal of time. WC should fix that.

Get coolbits though. It's the OC'ing utility straight from nVidia. All Coolbits does is unlock those settings OC settings. It really doesn't have any advantages over other OC'ing utilities, but might be the simplest available.

Yep, very easy to install to. Just add a .reg file to the registry, then you open the display options, and then click the overclocking section!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom