Comp for College? Desk/Lap Top? Apple or Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion Moonligh

Beta member
Hello, I will be attending college in about a month here and am still undecided as to what sort of computer would be best. I will of course be doing the normal college faire on the computer, however, I also record music so that is a priority. My college has WiFi and whatnot so that is taken care of as well. What do all you guys suggest for college--Desktop, Laptop, Mac or PC?

Laptop if you would be taking it to class, desktop if you were not. Both for me :)

Windows would be best for most situations, however some graphic design and other media is better on a MAC.

Ok, to reiterate, music recording is a priority, and I do think portability would be nice, however, laptops are not expandable and do not meet the processing power of an upper-level desktop. And this is where I get confused and frustrated because I want to take advantage of my school's WiFi and I do not want to clutter my drom-room with a desktop, yet desktops are, for the same price, much more powerful. Right now, I think my price-cap is around 1600-1700$.

I think Apple overprices their products horribly, like even worse than Alienware. But then again, I have heard hardly anythin goes wrong w/ Mac's, and they have awesome software, like GarageBand, etc...

Go w/ a laptop if you decide to use it for more creative reasons, and a desktop for average net surfing, etc..

yea windows laptop if ur not gaming go to hp.com and check there laptops out u can cutomize one to fit ur needs

Other's have probabally already said this but unless you're doing stuff where you would be doing video or picture editing or something like that get Windows, if you are infact doing stuff like that, get a Mac. The hardware required for Mac is very expensive, though I like the opperating system itself.

I assume you don't plan on taking it to class otherwise you wouldn't bother asking desktop or laptop so I would say desktop. If you just wern't thinking clearly (like me today) and you are infact taking it to class, laptop obdiviously.

well one thing you can do is build you a low end computer cost you like the most 600. and then get your self a labtop. know for the desktop you can get a smallformfactor computer a micro if you will it doesnt take that much room. and its ok for dorm rooms. lol so you get best of both worlds then you can put that 1000 to a good labtop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom