Hardware Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
I have this Pentium 2 and a lot of free demos of pc games. I also have DirectX9.0c.
But the main prob is that system speed is very slow and neither of any pc game work. Always asking for 3D accelerator card.
Now my question is - are there any 3D Accelerator card available for laptops, as mine is a compaq.
Another query-whats the difference between 3D accelerator card and a video graphic card?. Are both one and the same?.

Apart from that, i still wanted to know ....whats with that feature in "my computer" security settings ...if we search in that we see an icon called ADD NEW HARDWARE. If we click in that we are asked if we want to install recommended or manual hardware from the given choice list. In that too, there are various categories like "plug and play devices". If we click that there are shown various companies names...etc. That provides us with options like permedia 3d, ESS....etc.
If we select anyone of it, the system itself installs and asks for card entry???.
Like for egs. I chosed Thrustmaster ACM Gamecard. And it did got installed and after restarting the computer, the name did appeared in the Device Manager list. Then what exactly is the status of the hardware?. Do we have to buy and install a new card of that company...or is it already installed???.
And then if it is then what should i do to get my existing video card to perform at its peak level?.

Any Solutions.

-----------------
phantom

ok,

1. your PII system is too old to support expandable graphics ports.

2. video graphic card, 3D Accelerator card, and video card are all the same thing.

3.for the add enw hardware deal, you just installed the windws drivers for the gamecard, not the actual, physical hardware.

4. if you plan on playing any games, you need to get rid of that pentium II notebook and get at least a Pentium 4 notebook with expandable graphics adapters. check out the Dell XPS Gen-2.

hmmm

3.for the add enw hardware deal, you just installed the windws drivers for the gamecard, not the actual, physical hardware.
OK
BTW,
Here is the description of the present card-
Brand/Model Chips and Tech. 69000 PCI
Resolution 800x600 pixels
Colors 65,636
DirectX version 4.09.00.0904
OpenGL version 4.00
Acceleration options Enabled
Performance 27.93 MP/s (No similar CPU/MHz/video)

What do you think, this card is good?. How can i get better performance?.

P.S.- I checked out that DELL product on the web, its really sleek and cool.

-------------------
phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom