Suggestions for a new vid card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Hi all. I recently put up a post on blurry text. As no one has responded I am thinking I will just buy a newer card. I need help. I currently have a celeron 2.4Ghz Northwood chip with 512mb ram ddr400 pc3200. My video card is an Apollo nVidia 5500FX 256MB AGP. I have been having trouble with blurry text and have tried everything I know of to get rid of this effect with no avail. So what would you guys suggest for a newer vid card that would be compatible with the specs I have?

if it's blurry, it might be the monitor. I didn't see your post about the blurry text, so I might be missing something, but your monitor might be the culprit.

Ryan

DJ The computer will need a card that is great at graphics and will make my text not blurry. It is an eyesore to keep staring at this very nice system with noce components and blurry text. It's comparable to the hubble telescope. Great idea. Sleek looking but I don't want to put a pair of glasses on it ya know what I mean?! LOL

It sounds like your system is having serious problems if your text is blurry. Are you a gamer? Being as most people on this forum are gamers, the cards suggested above are gaming cards. If you are not a gamer, you do not need to spend the kind of money they are suggesting you spend on graphics cards. Get yourself a 6200, and see if it makes things any better. Maybe try a different monitor too.

Yes, that card would suit your needs. The others will probably let you know that its not a gaming card at all, and will recommend the GT version. Get the GT version if you play on gaming, but if you are not a gamer, the non-GT will suit your purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom