Which motherboard is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks for your posts. I may decide to go for the AMD processor, but first I'd like to know whether this case: Sunbeam Samurai supports the mATX form factor (www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/samuraicase2.html). If it doesn't, then I think I will use the AMD setup. I know that the Samurai case is a Mid-Tower, but it mentions nothing about mATX support.

Thanks so much again.

Thanks for the mATX tip.
I missed that TigerDirect comment that DJ-CHRIS wrote. Have you had problems with them before? After I saw your comment about them, I searched google for "Tigerdirect Rebates" and lots of negative comments came up. So I researched further and found out that they use some online rebate system via onrebate.com. I tried going there, but I can't even access it. I'm kind of scared to buy from them now. Anyone else have an experience with them?
I mean, TigerDirect has such great deals, I'd hate to pass it up because of their cheating ways.
I really hope that TigerDirect refunds rebates.
I'm looking forward to your comments.
Thanks

cssadmin said:
Thanks for the mATX tip.
I missed that TigerDirect comment that DJ-CHRIS wrote. Have you had problems with them before? After I saw your comment about them, I searched google for "Tigerdirect Rebates" and lots of negative comments came up. So I researched further and found out that they use some online rebate system via onrebate.com. I tried going there, but I can't even access it. I'm kind of scared to buy from them now. Anyone else have an experience with them?
I mean, TigerDirect has such great deals, I'd hate to pass it up because of their cheating ways.
I really hope that TigerDirect refunds rebates.
I'm looking forward to your comments.
Thanks

Tiger Direct are a Pain in the ass to deal with sometimes, but you can get your way, you just need to know how to deal with them.

Rebates are different, I dont mind their online rebates, but it's a hassle to get Mail in Rebates, since they get lost or spend month's (or years) at a process that is supposed to take days

Thanks for your posts.
Well, I just tried to access onrebate.com and it was fine.
How long does it generally take for their online rebates?

if you decide to go AMD, you could get a mobile Athlon XP 2500+ instead for $10 more.
they are designed to use less power, and create less heat. that means they can also overclock more.
most of the XP-M's can get around 2.5GHZ or more on stock cooling.

if you don't know how to overclock, you can go here
it's up to you whether to overclock though. I can say that it most likely won't kill your CPU (about a 99.99999999999% chance that it won't) unless you actually take the heatsink off (not many people are that stupid though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom